Polyurea is two-component elastomeric coating materials for substrate protection from water ingress and corrosion prevention. Polyurea is a truly remarkable coating, lining and joint sealant technology and can be used for a wide variety of applications. Polyurea coatings and linings are commonly applied over concrete and steel for corrosion protection and abrasion resistance. They also have numerous advantages over conventional materials due to their extremely fast setting times, high elongation, extreme resistance to atmospheric attack and their durability abrasion characteristics.
Four Key Factors
Polyurea coatings always have to be looked at as a complete system. A successful coating is the coordinated combination of 4 factors. These parameters must be met correctly at all times to make use of the unique benefits of the Polyurea systems.
1.Proper preparation of surface area
2.Polyurea formulation and primer selection
4.Trained application teams
Fields of application
- Swimming pools Insulation
- Lagoons Insulation
- Tiles & Concrete Roofs Insulation
- Metal Roofs Insulation
- Landscape Waterproofing
- Steel & Concrete Tanks Insulation
- Flooring Insulation
- Tunnels Insulation
- No VOC´s & odour-free.
- Provides a waterproof monolithic seamless system.
- Fast reaction, sprayed surface can be returned to service quickly.
- Excellent heat resistance up to 130°C, short-term up to 220°C.
- Considerably better UV stability compared to polyurethanes.
- Waterproof (acts as a seal) and hydrolysis stable.
- High tensile strength, in the order of 1450 - 4350 psi (10 – 30 MPa).
- Large elongation at break, in the order of a few hundred to 1000%.
- Flexible (bridges cracks).
- Can be applied at any thickness.
- Excellent bonding to properly prepared substrates.
- Good chemical resistance & Root puncture resistance.